Garden City Veterinary Care

USDA International Health Certificates

There may be destination-specific regulations for animal health while taking your pet(s) on a trip. That’s why we provide USDA International Health Certificates.


USDA International Health Certificates

A USDA Pet Health Certificate, also known as an International Health Certificate, is a document that certifies that your pet (dogs and cats) is in good health and fit to travel internationally. Many countries require a certificate as a condition of entry, and it must be issued by a licensed veterinarian and endorsed by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) before your pet can travel. If you plan on traveling with your pet, it’s important to understand the requirements and process for obtaining a USDA Health Certificate.

It’s important to note that each country has its own requirements for pets entering its borders. Incorrect or incomplete travel documentation can disrupt your travel arrangements, losing time, money, and unnecessary stress.

DIGITAL SUBMISSION (VEHCS) – We take pride in our selection by the USDA to access their Digital Submission and Endorsement Platform (VEHCS), allowing us to expedite the certification process for your pet’s international travel. Numerous countries now permit our veterinarians to electronically submit your pet’s certificates and accompanying paperwork to APHIS for review and USDA endorsement.

Our team of USDA-certified veterinarians boasts years of experience in assisting pet owners with travel preparations, both domestically and internationally. We guide you through the entire process, ensuring the accuracy of your pet’s travel documentation.

Let us assist you throughout this process!

We have two on-staff veterinarians accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture to provide USDA health certificates required for international animal travel.

Before booking an appointment for your animal’s physical exam, it is your responsibility to:

  1. Check with the airline to find out within how many days of travel the certificate needs to be issued.
  2. For more information, visit the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service website.
  3. Bring all up-to-date vaccination history.


APHIS Pet Travel
Learn about the requirements for your specific destination from the United States Department of Agriculture.

Garden City Veterinary Care Health Certificates Fact Sheet (PDF)
Here you can find deadlines, pricing, lists of destinations, restrictions, and more. This a must-read if you plan to bring your pet to us for a travel health certificate!

Have a safe and happy trip!